Students, faculty, and staff at Anthony Wayne High School are safe after a kitchen exhaust overheated Friday morning causing heavy smoke inside the building.
All students were moved to the neighboring junior high and elementary buildings while firefighters from Monclova Township responding to the fire alarm situation.
Students are not being allowed back into the building to collect personal items for precautionary reasons, according to a message on the district's Facebook page.
Juniors and Seniors have been placed at the junior high. Freshmen and Sophomores are at Fallen Timbers Middle School. Parents are allowed to pick up their children at the front office of each building, and will need to show photo identification.