Fire crews responded to reports of an apartment complex fire near Monroe Street and Central Avenue around 4:15 a.m. on Friday.
WNWO's Joe Galli was on the scene and said all of the residents were safe and evacuated quickly. One child was wrapped in a blanket crying, but firefighters helped calm him and three other children rescued during the blaze.
There are no reports of the cause of the fire yet, but all the residents made it out without serious injury. The Red Cross showed up at the scene to help displaced families with food and shelter.