MENU

      Davis-Besse workers contain small electrical fire

      A small fire broke out at the Davis-Besse plant early Wednesday. / WNWO archive

      A fire at the Davis-Besse nuclear plant Wednesday morning was quickly extinguished without assistance from firefighters, according to spokesman Todd Schneider.

      The alert report says the fire started in an electrical panel in the auxiliary building which houses safety related equipment. An unknown source of water leaked on a breaker, igniting the fire.

      The plant was at zero percent fire and will remain shutdown. There was no impact on core cooling or emergency power supplies.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER