66
      Saturday
      86 / 65
      Sunday
      88 / 66
      Monday
      91 / 67

      Donations pour in for family displaced by fire

      The preliminary indication is that the fire was caused by faulty wiring in the kitchen.

      A Wood County family is now homeless after a fire destroyed their home on Saturday. Tamy Mooney and her four children were visiting her stepmother a half mile from her home in Risingsun when the fire started. The family's pet dog died in the fire."I got there and neighbors were already there; from the living room and bedroom you could see the flames and smoke," Mooney said.Devon Clark, who is a friend of Mooney's oldest son, established a Facebook page on Satuday night encouraging people to help the Mooney family. Donations soon began arriving at the home of Mooney's stepmother. "People started coming with donations that night and it has been overwhelming," Mooney said.

      Crews from four different fire departments responded to the blaze. The preliminary indication is that the fire was caused by faulty wiring in the kitchen. If you would like to help the Mooney family, visit the Facebook page created by Devon Clark.