69
      Wednesday
      88 / 66
      Thursday
      88 / 68
      Friday
      86 / 67

      Fire at student apartment leaves six displaced

      Student apartment fire.

      A fire in a apartment in a student complex was caused by food left on a stove unattended. Flames broke out around 8 p.m. last night at the campus village apartments on Secor Road in West Toledo. At least six residents of the apartments have been displaced by the fire. The fire chief on the scene of the fire says the resident of one unit left chicken deep frying on the stove while they went to the store. One firefighter suffered minor injuries while battling the blaze. The damage from the fire is estimated at $20,000.