43 / 30
      46 / 40
      52 / 33

      Four found inside Toledo home believed dead from carbon monoxide

      1319 Hamilton

      Toledo Police say four people were found dead inside a central Toledo home late Wednesday morning, the result of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

      The four bodies, including those of a mother, her two daughters, and a son were found inside the home at 1319 Hamilton St. Police identified the victims as Tamara McDaniel, 39; Damien Reyes, 18; Domonique Reyes, 16; and Taralynn Wood, 10.

      According to detectives, there was no power in the home. The owner had recently taken possession of the home and was allowing the family to stay there. A portable generator was found operating in the kitchen of the home by first responders to the scene.

      NBC 24 talked to the owner, Steve Snow, who said that power restoration to the home was scheduled for Tuesday, but that Toledo Edison crews did not show up. The family complained that they were cold, so he dropped off a generator between 7:00 and 9:00 Tuesday evening.

      A Toledo Edison spokesman says that the company has no request for service restoration pending. According to spokeswoman Eileen Raines, the last action taken at 1319 was a request for termination of service in January 2008.

      It was the home owner who stopped by Wednesday morning, discovered the bodies and called 911.

      Investigators believe the deaths were accidental. The bodies were found in close proximity to each other in the home's living room. Reports indicate the residents may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Autopsies have been scheduled.

      Read carbon monoxide safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association.