According to the Ohio Attorney General's Office, an investigation by both the Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) and attorneys in the AG's office has resulted in no charges against a former Woodmore High School football coach.
The Office of Attorney General Mike DeWine said, on Wednesday, that an Ottawa County Grand Jury refused to file any indictments "relating to events that occurred on or about Sept. 10, 2013, involving the Woodmore High School football team."
The Grand Jury met over two days and heard testimony from 49 witnesses.
In late September, assistant coach Todd Bringman announced his resignation from the team in a letter to the Woodmore School Board.
The school board held a "special meeting" that Wednesday, where the letter was read aloud, to discuss a football practice that left one student with a concussion.
In the days before the meeting, a lot of the finger pointing had been directed at Bringman who had been accused by some of being "abusive" in a Suburban Press interview.
At the meeting on September 25th, Woodmore School Board president Steve Huss told WNWO that an investigation had been launched after the player's injury. He also said more people than just Bringman are involved in the case, including several coaches, players, and the principal.
The Attorney General's Office says that they became involved in the case at the request of the Ottawa County prosecutor on September 25th.