The Ohio Department of Transportation District Two announces the following update concerning the Interstate 75/475 interchange upgrade project in Lucas County:
The ramp from westbound I-475 to ProMedica Parkway/Upton Avenue (Exit 19) is now open.
-Through 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
- Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- The ramp from westbound I-475 to Jackman Road is permanently closed.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- The ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
- Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
- Through 2013, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
The entire project is expected to be complete Fall 2013, weather permitting.
Visit www.transportation.ohio.gov/dist2 for more information.