71
      Monday
      84 / 66
      Tuesday
      86 / 66
      Wednesday
      88 / 65

      Man asleep when house fire started in east Toledo

      Fire happened in the block of 1100 Vinal Street around 2 a.m. Wednesday.

      A man woke up during night to discover his house in east Toledo on fire.

      It happened in the block of 1100 Vinal Street around 2 a.m. Wednesday. Toledo Firefighters said the fire started in the first floor bedroom and spread to the attic. The man had been sleeping and woke up to the fire alarm and clouds of smoke.

      Authorities are saying the interior the house is a lost. No one was hurt. Authorities said an old fan left on could have caused the fire but are not ruling out arson.