TOLEDO -- A suspicious package found at McGregor Elementary Wednesday morning has tested school security plans and nerves in the wake of several other school threats made in northwest Ohio.
The perceived threat at McGregor Elementary was nothing more than a dog toy, but bomb squads were sent to the scene to investigate.
A local parent said school safety should never be taken lightly. "I was a little worried about what was going on. I figured it's better to be safe than sorry later," explained parent Christopher Vaseau.
A threat was real at Start High School on Monday when a student brought a gun to the school. The18-year-old student Willie Carter, III was caught carrying a .45 caliber handgun inside the building. Police arrested the teen after getting tips from people inside the school.
he message we like to get out to the community
f you see something, say something
said Toledo Police Sgt. Joe Heffernan.
Earlier this week, officials have a man in custody who admitted to making threats at schools in Oak Harbor, Sandusky, and one in Toledo.
READ: Oak Harbor man arrested, admits to several recent school threats
22-year-old Charles Tingler is currently behind bars at Ottawa County Jail on a $250,000 bond. Ottawa County Prosecutor Mark Mulligan said Tingler used websites or mobile applications to conceal phone numbers and disguise voices.
Police are looking at surveillance images to find out who's responsible for leaving the item found Wednesday outside McGregor Elementary.