Morenci brothers still missing as father goes back to court
Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:06:02 GMT —
ADRIAN, Mich. - The Morenci man whose three young sons have been missing since Thanksgiving has been ordered back to district court to be arraigned on additional charges.
John Skelton, 39, appeared in an Adrian courtroom Wednesday. The former long-haul truck driver has said he doesn't know the whereabouts of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner, who last were seen with him.
He told authorities he gave the boys to a group called United Foster Outreach and another called Underground Sanctuaries, organizations authorities say they can't locate. At an unrelated hearing in early February, Skelton told a judge that he cannot return the boys to their mother.
Prosecutors added kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment charges last month.
Defense lawyer John Glaser has said he needs time to review police evidence in the matter.
Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks has said that the investigation into the boys' disappearance is now a murder probe, with Skelton being a main suspect.
(The Associated Press contributed to this article.)