43 / 30
      47 / 40
      52 / 33

      Morenci keeps hope that young brothers will be found alive

      John Skelton is seen in Lucas County Common Pleas Court, Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010.

      Volunteers are not giving up hope as the search for three missing Morenci brothers enters its sixth day Thursday.

      9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner have been missing since Thanksgiving Day when they were last seen playing in the backyard of their father's Morenci home. Their father, John Skelton, is being held in the Lucas County Jail on $3 million bond, charged with three counts of parental kidnapping.

      A $10,000 reward has been offered by an anonymous donor to anyone who can return the three missing boys to their mother.

      Skelton has refused to give investigators information regarding his sons' whereabouts. He was in a Lucas County courtroom on Wednesday, fighting extradition back to Michigan. He was arrested and charged on Tuesday immediately following his release from a Toledo hospital. He was hospitalized late last week after a failed suicide attempt.

      In Morenci, police chief Larry Weeks says the search for the young Skelton brothers will continue, but repeated that the outcome doesn't look good. "My desire is to retain hope," Weeks said in a morning press conference. "The information we have does not indicate that this will have a positive outcome."

      Weeks says the volunteer search effort will be suspended indefinitely on Friday evening. Any subsequent leads or tips that come in will be followed up by public safety officials.