Mother of missing Morenci boys makes plea for their return
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:08:53 GMT — MORENCI, Mich. - The mother of three young Michigan boys who've been missing since last being seen with their father on Thanksgiving is making a fresh plea for their return.
Tanya Skelton of Morenci told reporters Monday that she was appealing to "bring them home." The Daily Telegram reports she reiterated a statement made last week that she believes her sons are alive.
Nine-year-old Andrew, seven-year-old Alexander, and five-year-old Tanner were last seen in their father's backyard in Morenci on Thanksgiving Day. John Skelton, 39, was arrested Nov. 30 on parental kidnapping charges. He told a Lenawee County judge, during a custody hearing last week, that he gave his sons to someone from an "organization."
Tanya Skelton says the first she heard of the claim was last week.
Authorities continue to ask for any information which may lead them to the boys' whereabouts. Citizens are asked to report any sightings of the John Skelton, his minivan, and his sons between 2:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Day and 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26. An investigation indicates Skelton may have been travelling in the van with the boys, somewhere in the area of Williams County, Ohio , between the hours of 4:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 26.
Anyone with information is asked to call 517-458-7104.
A $10,000 reward from an anonymous donor has been set for anyone with information that leads to the location of the Skelton boys. The City of Morenci has also established an additional reward fund for information leading to the return or recovery of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner. Those wishing to donate to the Skelton Reward Fund may do so at any First Federal Bank branch or by mailing donation to: First Federal Bank, Attn: Skelton Reward Fund, 601 N. Clinton St., Defiance, OH 43512.
(The Associated Press contributed to this article.)