48
      Tuesday
      63 / 48
      Wednesday
      60 / 41
      Thursday
      59 / 43

      New jury plans for 1967 slaying case retrial

      Robert Bowman during his first trial for the killing of a teen in 1967.

      / File photo

      Jury selection is underway for the retrial of a man accused of kidnapping and killing a Sylvania schoolgirl more than four decades ago.

      The first trial for 75-year-old Robert Bowman ended last month without a verdict after the jury told the judge they were deadlocked in their decision.

      Bowman's second trial is set to begin on Oct. 11. During the first trial, Bowman's ex-wife testified she saw 14-year-old Eileen Adams tortured in their basement.

      "He threatened me that he would kill me and my baby if I ever went to police. He made me go with him while he disposed of the body." Margaret Bowman said on the stand last month.

      Bowman has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER