Ohio sailor killed in USS Fitzgerald collision
An Ohio man was one of the seven sailors who died in a collision between the USS Fitzgerald and a container ship near Japan on Saturday.
The U.S. Navy identified all of the victims Sunday, including Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, of Elyria.
"We are all deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our fellow shipmates," said Acting Secretary of the Navy Sean Stackley in a statement.
They other sailors who were killed are:
- Gunner's Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Virginia
- Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, California
- Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Connecticut
- Gunner's Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas
- Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlosvictor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, California
- Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Maryland