49
      Tuesday
      64 / 47
      Wednesday
      60 / 45
      Thursday
      62 / 43

      One man injured after gas leak causes fire in East Toledo

      One man is recovering after a natural gas leak caused a fire ball to explode in his face.

      It happened just before noon in the 800 block of Utah Street in East Toledo.

      Investigators say the man was digging a hole when he struck a four inch gas line.

      He received second degree burns to his face by the resulting flash fire.

      Columbia Gas crews were able to cap the leak after about a half hour.,

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER