Rosie's Italian Grille gives Toledo's Biggest Losers a few pointers in the kitchen to make low calorie recipes to add into your New Year Resolution plan to lose weight.
Seared Seabass with a Fruit Salsa and Steamed Spinach
6-7 oz. Seabass Filet
Salt and Pepper
1 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 oz. Each, diced small
1 oz. White Balsamic Vinegar
1 oz. Scallions
3 oz. Baby Spinach
1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- In a mixing bowl, combine fruit, scallions, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In a sautÃ pan, heat oil on high.
- Salt and pepper filet and place in sautÃ pan. BE CAREFUL, OIL WILL BURN.
- Let fish cook for 2 minutes on each side. Squeeze orange over filet. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400â?F until done.
- Steam spinach in a sautÃ pan, by combining 2 oz. water, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes with spinach leaves once pan is very hot. Cook until wilted.
- Place fish on top of spinach on plate. Finish with fruit salsa and serve.