Toledo man smoking cigarette dies after apartment fire

Jamar Allen, 41, died in an apartment fire that happened in the 2500 block of Greenway.

An accidental fire turned deadly for one smoker at a west Toledo apartment Saturday.

41-year-old Jamar Allen died in an apartment fire in the 2500-block of Greenway just before 11 a.m.

Authorities said Allen was smoking while carrying a gas-powered push-lawn mower into his basement.

Enraged Toledo woman just wanted McNuggets

Witnesses said they heard a crash and then saw Allen running into the street engulfed in flames. Allen was taken to a nearby hospital and later pronounced dead from burns sustained in the fire.

The apartment building received minor damage.

The fire remains under investigation.