If you're down to the wire on getting your sweetheart a Valentine's gift, it might be a good time to stop, drop and roll before picking a trite token of love. Match.com put together a list of "worst" Valentine's Day gifts--What do you think? Are you a V-Day offender for any of these items?
1) Red roses and baby's breath bouquet.Why it stinks: It's too ordinary, too clich . It shows you don't know much about her and you stuck with what was safe.Quick fix: Try a bouquet filled with your gal's favorite color. Or find a few with different meanings to customize your message.
2) Box of chocolatesWhy it stinks: Match.com says out of every box of 15 assorted chocolates, a woman will only like about three of the flavors.Quick fix: Stock your sweetie with her favorite brand of candy in a hand-painted bowl. The hominess of the craft mixed with flavors she already likes will make you seem like the most thoughtful guy on the planet.
3) Jewelry in a ring-sized boxWhy it stinks: More proposals happen on V-Day than any other day in the year. While she will love a sparkly pair of earrings or bracelet, she may confuse the message and be instantly disappointed.Quick fix: Wrap the jewelry in a separate, larger box. Not only will it enhance the surprise, there's also no risk of ring-mania.
1) CologneWhy it stinks: Perfume is in the nose of the beholder--It's one of the hardest gifts to get right.Quick fix: Get a variety pack of sample cologne from your man's favorite brand. Or get the same body wash and aftershave scent that matches his current brand.
2) A tieWhy it stinks: Much like a bouquet of red roses, ties are trite.Quick fix: Think outside the collar... A cashmere scarf, leather gloves, extra-soft socks, etc. It's a little more original.
3) Gift certificateWhy it stinks: This isn't a college graduation party, it's a relationship. Gift cards are too impersonal to serve as a display of love.Quick fix: Talk to your man's best friend and get an idea for what he might want. Or try an "experience gift" like skydiving... it's the gift that keeps on giving.
Read the full list: Match.com on Yahoo