Another restaurant trying to save face after kid booze blunder
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:23:05 GMT —
Olive Garden restaurants are making changes after a toddler was served alcoholic sangria instead of orange juice at a Florida location.
News of the incident comes after an Applebee's in Michigan accidently served a margarita to another toddler.
Orlando, Fla.-based Darden Restaurants says the mix-up happened March 31 in Lakeland.
Jill VanHeest says she took her 2-year-old son Nikolai to the hospital after his eyes turned red and dilated and he began acting up. She said he was given fluids and released a couple hours later with no lasting effects.
VanHeest's attorney contacted the news media in Florida after reports of the Applebee's incident this week.
Olive Gardens said it will now mix sangria individually to order, instead of in batches as it had before.
What do you think restaurants should do to make sure this stops happening? How would you react if your child was accidentally served alcohol? Post your comments below.