Fri, 03 Aug 2012 00:29:53 GMT — The Cleveland Browns Randy Lerner reportedly agreed to sell a majority stake in the team to Jimmy Haslam for over one billion dollars. Haslam is the CEO of the Tennessee-based Pilot Flying J Corporation, and also happens to be a minority stockholder in Cleveland's rival - the Pittsburgh Steelers.Lerner will sell 70 percent of the team to Haslam now and the other 30 percent in four years. ESPN reported the sale price was over $1 billion - a deal Lerner jumped on knowing the estimated value of the team was priced at $977 million last year by Forbes magazine. The sale is subject to a review by the NFL and a vote of the league??s owners in late September. The mayor of Cleveland said the Browns are not moving again because the city has a lease with the team through 2029.
This stations Social Feeds are currently unavailable
This stations Twitter Social Feed is currently unavailable
This stations Facebook Social Feed is currently unavailable
NBC 24 provides coverage of news, sports, weather and local events in the Toledo, Ohio area, including Sandusky, Fremont, Findlay, Whitehouse, Maumee, Holland, Lima, Delta, Napoleon and Defiance, Ohio and Adrian, Monroe and Milan, Michigan.