Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:37:35 GMT -- More ice cream is consumed in July than any other month, at least that's according to TripAdvisor. That's why the travel site has compiled a list of the top 10 ice cream parlors in the United States.
According to the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, which takes into account the quality, quantity, and recency of reviews from millions of travelers, Findlay's Dietsch Brothers is among the nation's top stops for ice cream.
The ice cream business, ranked second on the list, has a main store at 400 West Main Cross Street and also sells chocolates and candies online.
"This sweet shop prides itself on quality over quantity, serving up ice cream and candy made from the finest ingredients," TripAdvisor said in the list of top parlors. "The Dietsch Family has been around for generations and the quality has not changed."
Dietsch Brothers' homemade creations include Caramel Macchhiato, German Chocolate, Peace, Caramel Cashew, and more.
The complete list of top 10 ice cream parlors, according to TripAdvisor:
1. Island Creamery, Chincoteague Island, VA
2. Dietsch Brothers Inc., Findlay, OH
3. Super Scoops Inc., Treasure Island, FL
4. Woodside Farm Creamery, Hockessin, DE
5. A Better Scoop, Englewood, FL
6. Rococo Artisan Ice Cream, Kennebunkport, ME
7. Salt & Straw, Portland, OR
8. Martha's Dandee Creme, Queensbury, NY
9. Bi-Rite Creamery & Bakeshop, San Francisco, CA
10. Sunset Icecream Parlor, Gettysburg, PA
Who do you think serves the best ice cream in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan? Share your recommendations in the comments below or on our Facebook page.